Job Title: DevOps engineer
Energy Aware Solutions S.L. is a Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) -University Polytechnic of Catalonia (UPC) spin off created in September 2020 with the aim of providing professional services in the context of energy management and optimization for Data Centers. EAS technology is based on the EAR software. EAR is a European open-source system software tool for energy monitoring, management and optimization.
Context and Mission
EAS technology is installed in many European HPC Data Centers. It is EAS responsibility to guarantee EAS software is installed following the customer requirements without affecting the operations. The candidate will take the responsibility of the installation and validation of EAS software. The validation of the software includes the configuration and evaluation of energy models and policies adapted to the customers. Because of that, the candidate must have some skills of system administration to be able to install EAR and understand the relationship with other system tools and also about application performance evaluation in HPC environments. No prior knowledge on the EAR software is required.
- EAR installation
- Validation of the installation with HPC applications
- Performance and power evaluation of HPC applications
- Tunning and configuration of the EAR software specific for each customer.
- Bachelor degree or MSc in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Basic experience on system administration and software installation
- Skills on execution and evaluation of HPC and/or AI applications in data centers. Applications include traditional MPI applications and other frameworks such as tensorflow. Previous experience of job execution using SLURM schedulers will be valued.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX environments
- Experience in previous projects will be valued
- Candidates must be proactive, self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to take initiatives, prioritize the tasks and work under set deadlines
We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, flexible hours and remote work. Salary will depend on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. The selected candidate will be trained by the EAS team on the EAR software during the first 3 months of the contract.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A letter explaining your interest in the job and your salary expectation
- A full CV including contact details
- Ref: EAS20223