Power consumption is a critical topic for Data Centers today both from an economical and environmental perspective.
Energy Aware Solutions S.L. (EAS) (https://www.eas4dc.com) has been created in September 2020 to provide a software solution to energy efficiency by reducing the power consumption of existing data centers while hurting its performance as little as possible.
EAS technology is based on EAR software which is a European open-source system software tool developed since 2016 by the two EAS creators Dr. Julita Corbalan (EAS CTO) & Dr. Luigi Brochard (EAS CEO). Julita is an associate professor at University Polytechnic of Catalonia and a researcher at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center. Luigi was an IBM Distinguished Engineer when he created the energy aware scheduler feature for LoadLeveler and then Spectrum LSF. EAR monitors, manages and optimizes the Data Center energy by controlling transparently and real time both the applications and the servers on which the applications run. EAS technology is installed in several large and medium size European HPC Data Centers. We are also involved in different European projects to support the development of new EAR features and we work closely with Lenovo, Intel and AMD.
Job description for DevOps Engineer EAS20221
To cope with rising demands and to win with us the challenge of Energy Efficient Data Centers, we need to grow the team and we are recruiting two system software engineers: a DevOps and a Developer.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the installation and validation of EAS solution and the customer satisfaction. You will report to the EAS CTO.
About the team
The development team has 4 engineers based in Barcelona working remotely and reporting to the CTO.
EAR is developed in C and development uses the following tools: gitlab, Makefiles, C language, MPI, mysql, postgres. Other system tools/libraries used during the EAR execution and/or development are: IPMI tools, perf, likwid, MSR registers, cpupower.
Your missions will be:
- Analysis of the customer requirements regarding energy
- EAR remote installation and validation on customer premises
- Customer support for EAR tuning, tickets management and bug fixing
- Interaction with the development team to increase software quality
Skills and Education
- Bachelor degree or MSc in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Required: Experience with UNIX/LINUX environments
- Required: C programming, Python and basic knowledge on MySQL DB
- Required: Basic experience on system administration and system tools for power and performance analysis
- Desired: IPMI and/or Redfish experience will be very valuable
- Desired: Skills on MPI applications and utilization of schedulers (SLURM)
- Desired: Experience in previous projects will be appreciated
We expect you have the following qualities:
- proactive, self-motivated with good understanding of technical concepts
- able to understand the relationship between the different system software tools involved in the execution of parallel applications in HPC Data Centres
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to take initiatives, prioritize the tasks and work under defined deadlines
EAS headquarters is located in Barcelona (Spain). The candidate can either work locally or remotely.
We offer a full-time contract with a competitive package including (but not limited to) private insurance, flexible hours, choice of laptop, and infrequent travels.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and include:
- A letter explaining your interest in the job and your salary expectation
- A full CV including contact details
- Ref: EAS20221